Our Commitment to Privacy
Your privacy is of great importance to us. Imperial Data Supply Corp. respects the privacy of its customers and employees through the protection of personal information. For the purpose of this Privacy Statement, "personal information" means data about an identifiable individual.
Imperial Data Supply Corp. is committed to maintaining the confidentiality, accuracy and security of your personal information. As a part of this commitment, we have adopted the 10 Principles established by the Canadian Standards Association's Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information. These principles form part of the Personal Information and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA), which establishes rules governing the collection, use and disclosure of personal data.
- Accountability: All Imperial Data Supply Corp. associates are responsible for maintaining and protecting all personal information under their control.
- Identifying Purpose: We will identify the purposes for which personal information is collected, either before or at the time of collection.
- Consent: We will only collect, use and disclose your personal information with your consent.
- Limiting Collection: We will limit the collection of your personal information to only those details that are necessary for the purposes identified.
- Limiting Use: Your personal information will only be used or disclosed for the purpose for which it is collected. We will only retain your personal information for the period of time required to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected.
- Accuracy: We will keep personal information we collect as accurate, complete and up-to-date as possible to fulfill the purposes for which it is collected.
- Safeguards: We will protect the personal information we collect with security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
- Openness: Information about our policies and practices relating to the management of your personal information will be made readily available to you.
- Access: You may request access to your personal information at any time to review its content and accuracy and have it amended as appropriate. If your personal information is not accurate or complete, please contact us at 1-866-466-8794 to have it changed.
- Challenging Compliance: You may contact us with any questions or complaints or suggestions with respect to our privacy principles:
Personal & Non-Personal Information
In general, you can visit our web site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information. It will be clear to you when you are on a section of imperialdata.com that collects personal information. Through our web site we collect two (2) types of data about visitors: personal information (name, address, e-mail address, phone number, etc) and non-personal information (page accesses, number of visitors to the site, IP addresses, etc). Typically, we seek consent for the use or disclosure of your personal information at the time of collection. In certain circumstances consent may be sought after the data has already been collected but before use. We do not, as a condition of supply of a product or service, require you to consent to collection, use or disclosure of personal information beyond what is necessary to provide the product or service. With your consent, we may also collect information from you over the telephone, by mail or in person. This information may be combined with information that you provide online, in order for Imperial Data Supply Corp. to improve products and customer service.
It is always your choice whether or not you provide us with your personal information. However, a decision to withhold certain personal information may restrict or prevent Imperial Data Supply Corp. from providing goods and/or services to you, such as fulfilling promotional requests or coupon rebates.
Cookies & Web Beacons
Web tracking applications may record information such as Internet domain and host names, Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser software and operating system types, click stream patterns, and dates and times that our site is accessed. Our use of tracking technologies allows us to improve our web site and your web experience. We may also analyze information that does not contain personal information for trends and statistics.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We do not rent, sell, license or trade your personal information with or to others for marketing purposes. Imperial Data Supply Corp. may work with third party companies and share your personal information with such parties in order to assist us in delivering the requested products or services to you. These service providers are strictly prohibited from using your personal information for any purpose other than to provide this contractual obligation to Imperial Data Supply Corp. and required to protect your personal information using security measures comparable to those used by Imperial Data Supply Corp.
You can choose not to receive personalized direct marketing communications from Imperial Data Supply Corp. We may inform you about products or services by mail, telephone or other means. If you do not wish to receive direct communications from Imperial Data Supply Corp., simply contact us at 1-866-466-8794 and tell us that you do not wish to be contacted in a particular manner. It may take a few weeks for your request to take effect.
This Privacy Statement applies to the personal information collected from customers through the imperialdata.com web site as well as through Imperial Data Supply Corp. services associated with the sale of our products.
Acceptance of Policy
By purchasing our products or using our web site or our services, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data in accordance with the above policy. This policy may change without prior written notification.